October 22, 2006

Puter Blues

My computer is sick. Sorta. I am displeased with my internet service so I have disconnected it and am shopping for new service. In the meantime, I have to remote blog, which results in less frequent blogging, blog-reading, and blog-commenting despite my last post resolving to do those things more. Oh well. There's not much I can report on the knitting front. Most of the knitting I have going on is either very little progress on projects you've already seen or secret projects that I'm hoping to have done by Christmas. I've learned over the last two Christmases that I can't plan to knit everyone a gift. In fact, I can't plan to knit anyone a gift. The best I can do is cast on for several gifts, knit until I tire of the project and hope that the cast off comes before my boredom with the project. In any case, I've got several gift knits tentatively planned. One of them has already bit the dust. The Branching Out scarf I posted a pic of recently has been frogged. I don't know if the lace chart was too much for me or I simply can't count but I kept finding extra stitches. I was trying to decrease them in a manner that made sense with the pattern, but this was my first lace attempt and it didn't go over well. I cast on for a different scarf with a similar yarn. I'd still like to make the Branching Out, but I'm a little burned out on lace and I don't think I have enough time until Christmas. Has anyone else noticed how quickly it became fall? Fall is my favorite time of year. I love summer....swimming, kayaking, camping, amusement parks, hiking, and sunny days, but nothing beats the crispness in the air of fall. Football games, the first day you can wear a sweater outside without being too hot, the smell of fires, apple pies, turkey dinners, my birthday...all things I love about fall. But the best thing about fall? The colors!

All of these pictures were taken of some spectacularly beautiful trees near my mom's house. Some people can't wait for spring when everything is green and flowers start to grow, but I love the warm colors of fall. The rich reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. YUM! It's reflected in my yarn stash too. I separated my stash by color and the yellow/orange cubby is stuffed full, while the other colors are about half-full. (If I'd thought ahead I could've shown you a picture....the follies of remote blogging.) Does anyone have any spectacular sock yarn in fall colors that you'd like to trade? I bought two skeins of Koigu in a very pretty bluish-green colorway that is very pretty but not very me. I was thinking of knitting it up as a gift but I'd really like some autumn leaves socks. The Koigu is already hand-wound into balls. I'm not sure if I still have the ball bands or not, I'll look. Again, I forgot to take a picture of the Koigu, but check out my post from June 21st (look in the archives). They are the two smallish balls in the center. If anyone is interested in swapping you can either leave a comment or shoot me an email (knittykarenAThotmailDOTcom). Please be patient, it might be awhile until I get back in touch with you. I've only been checking my email every few days. Have a great week everyone!

No comments: