February 23, 2006

I think I can....


Sooooo close to finishing the first sleeve. I'd really like to deny myself bedtime until that cuff is done, but I don't think work would be too forgiving of me falling asleep on the job tomorrow. I'm off this weekend, so hopefully that will result in lots of knitting time before the closing ceremonies. On Saturday I'm going on a shopping adventure with Beth (of the just-finished-her-cable-scarf-ha-ha fame). Thankfully, she is driving, out of respect for my need to knit like a speed demon. We are going to go check out some yarn stores in Richmond. I'm so tired of Michaels. True, they have some great deals, but knitting with 100% alpaca has really opened my eyes to the possibilities. I'm pretty pleased the stripes came out at (approximately) the same height. To tell the truth, I didn't really measure....just eyeballed it. I was too deeply engrossed in the women's long program figure skating. I even got my husband into it! He was so cute, he waited to take the dogs out until they had announced Sasha Cohen's scores. I've resigned a new deadline for myself though, just in case I don't make this Tubey happen by Sunday. I'm driving to Michigan with my Hubby next Friday, week from tomorrow, to meet his paternal grandparents. I - will - finish - this - before - then. There you have it, in writing. No hopes, wishes, goals. A true deadline. Stay tuned to see if I pull a triple lutz and fall on my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will finish Tubey by Sunday. Otherwise why am I driving? I'm not even talking to you in the car tomorrow, just so you know. And if I see those needles stop at any point, there'll be trouble.