April 10, 2008

Spring!!

Today when I left work I had a pleasant surprise! Spring has finally arrived at long last. Let's just hope it sticks around for a while.

I received my spring swap package from my pal Petra yesterday. Thanks Petra! I loved it!
Check out that super-cool bag! It is from Old Navy....I wonder if it is "green"? It feels a little rough like burlap (but not that rough). There are two skeins of TLC Essentials and a coaster-making kit. That ought to be fun to play with.
Check out the cute light-catcher/wall-hanging she sent. I haven't decided where to hang it yet. I'm thinking maybe my kitchen window...
Then there were these crafty cards. Petra, did you make these yourself? You crafty girl...I'm impressed. I will definitely use these :) Thanks again Petra, and I hope you like your goody bag when it gets there!

In knitting news... I cast on for something else. I know what you're thinking, but this is totally different. This isn't a case of neglect of my current project (which I can prove, see below) but planning ahead for Christmas. See, my mother-in-law LOVES my handknit dishcloths. It's all she uses to wash her dishes and she goes through them pretty quickly. She asks for them for every holiday. I found this great group on Ravelry (still addicted by the way) that is a weekly *free* dishcloth pattern. I probably won't make every single pattern, but this one was too cute to pass up. Right now it looks like a sock, but it is a dishcloth knit in the round and when it is off the needles it will lay flat and hopefully look like a big fancy circle.


I am still knitting on my Incan Pullover. I had to completely rip the whole thing back and start over so I had a bit of a setback but I am making mad progress now. Especially this afternoon. After work I set up camp on my front porch swing and just swung (swang?) and knit and watched the traffic go by.

Chance is so funny when I bring him outside while I sit on the swing. He usually wants to curl up right at my feet but since my feet move he can't figure out where to lay down. He will pace and circle until he thinks he's found the perfect spot-close enough to my feet but far enough from the strange moving seat. Then as soon as he settles in for a snooze he gets wonked by the swing and he starts the whole process over again. Eventually he gives up, settles for a seat far from me and the swing and glares at me from he too-far-away seat. It's really quite entertaining.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked your spring gift! I did make those cards... and I'm glad you liked them. Come on over to my side to see what I thought about your swap gift!

TTYL
Petra