September 11, 2007

100th Post

Yay for me...this is my 100th post. I am so happy to be a part of this community. :)


I got my first Secret Pal package in the mail yeseterday, and it was sooooo goodie-licious!

There was a wonderful scent eminating from the package and when I opened it I found out why...there was a wonderful-smelling Yankee Candle Co. Macintosh and Peach candle (Yum!!), a travel pack of ginger peach tea that I can't wait to try and some yummy lip gloss. There was also all kinds of cute stationary stuff. Some cute notecards featuring a monkey wearing a scarf and a little notepad with a sheep complete with cute pens and pencils. I'm always on the look out for new stationary to write to my sister who is in boot camp. I've been writing about 2-3 letters a week. Top all that off with two skeins of SWTC Bamboo!


Thanks SP!

Does anyone have any project ideas for this yarn? I have always wanted to try it but I'm fresh out of ideas.
No new knitting around here. I have been pretty lethargic in the knitting arena. I just got a new porch swing and the weather is starting to cool down from the beastly hot temps it has been so I've been thinking tweedy sweaters, cables, and turtlenecks. I still haven't finished my Central Park Hoodie from last winter, but I'm close. That is top of the list. I'm going to make my "want" list soon. I really hope to turn out at least 3-4 new sweaters this year and I have some pretty specific ideas. (Have you seen the twisted yoke cardigan from Eunny in the latest Interweave Knits? Wow.)
In the meantime, we've been trying to squeak the last little bit of summer activities around here. Last week Doug and I took Chad (my sis's new husband) camping and kayaking.

I like that pic a lot. The colors are so neat. After camping we decided to go shooting. Doug is a true-blooded country boy. Guns, hunting, trucks, country music....that's his stuff. When we moved in together there was a great debate about guns in the house. We ended up compromising. They could stay if they were contained...so we got a gun cabinent. All of Doug's friends have always been a little apalled that I have never shot a gun before. So last Wednesday I finally gave in. The guys were shooting clay pigeons with shotguns. I gave that a try and ouch....the recoil gave me a bruise the size of a half dollar. Will not be doing that againg. But Doug also brought along his handguns.I actually have pretty decent aim, apparently. Doug was very proud and showed off my target sheet to everyone.I, of course, will be scrapbooking the target if I can figure out how to make it fit in my 12x12. :)

No comments: