August 30, 2007

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Kim for the 8 Random Things meme. Here are the rules:

- Players write a post describing eight random facts about themselves.

- They then “tag” eight bloggers to write similar posts, including the rules.

- The players then leave a comment on blogs they've tagged to tell them about the meme.



1) I don't have internet at home. I love to blog and read blogs and play on ravelry and order yarn online and bank online, and yet I do all this remotely. FYI-lots of local fast food restaurants are starting to offere free WiFi but you would not believe the weird looks you get when you set up camp in a McDonald's.

2)I must be one of the few knitters out there that is not productive while watching tv or movies. I never sit down to watch tv without my knitting in hand, but unless my husband is playing video games I don't get anything done. I'm too easily distracted. I will knit one or two rows and get totally obsorbed in the tv until the commercials.

3)I am deathly afraid of anything that flies and buzzes like bees, wasps, hornets, etc. I realize that this isn't that odd, but my fear is totally irrational. We have a problem with hornets buzzing around our porch light at night and if I see them out there I will not leave the house. Period. There is no amount of consoling, rationalizing, or sweet talking that will get me out of the house if I see a buzzing thing.

4)I'm not that fond of spiders either. When Doug and I first moved in together we lived in a tiny cabin way out in the woods. There were spiders galore. I hate them, but I don't like to kill them either. Yet I can't stand the thought of letting them get away because then they are just somewhere around me. I used to turn coffee cups upside down over them so they couldn't go anywhere but I didn't have to kill them. When Doug came home he'd have to pick up lots of little coffee cups. Our living room looked like a war zone.



*halfway there! It's so hard to think of things about yourself that others might think are unusual...to me they are just normal, me.



5)I have really blonde moments all the time, but I am a generally intelligent person. Like the other day I was eating fruits and cheese snacks with my mom and sister. There were strawberries and a container that I read as "whipped cream". Yum, right? So I eagerly dipped my strawberry in the creamy white substance while my mom and sis exchanged a strange look. Yuck. Not whipped cream....whipped cream cheese. Not at all the same thing. I do stuff like that all the time.

6)I wear the same jewelry every day, despite the fact I have a pretty extensive collection of stuff. I very very very rarely switch it up, only if there is some sort of occasion. So what do I wear everyday? Simple silver hoops, my fossil watch with a little bit of bling, my wedding band and engagement ring (of course!), a few hair elastics on my wrist, and my Tiffany knock-off necklace (it looks like their popular bracelet with the exaggerated chain and heart pendant).

7)I am an avid list maker. I make lists of everything. Lists of things to do, grocery store lists, etc, the ususal, but also lists of things I want to do, make, see. I have a Christmas card list, a birthday card list, lists of my cds and my yarn, lists of things that I should do around the house, lists of bills. I buy a 4" spiral notebook to keep in my purse with all my lists and I go through one about monthly. Sick, right? I think my husband has always held out hope that I'd grow out of this phase, but recently I discovered an old scrapbook I had from the first grade. On the back cover, in my first grader sprawl was a list of babysitters and a list of friends. I think he was a little disappointed.

8)I go through chick lit books like candy. The really good intelligent books take me a little longer to get through, but you give me a Nora Roberts novel or something by the Little Red Dress Press and I'll be handing it back to you the next day commenting on the ending. It doesn't matter how many pages it is, I can't put the damn things down. I go through spells where I read a lot and then I just don't for a very long time. I'm in a spell right now. I've already read three this week. It's actually very detrimental to everything else that I'm supposed to do, like housework, sleep and knit. Nothing gets done.

So there you have it, my "weird" 8 things.

I think this one has been around blogland a few times. So if you are reading my blog and you have not been tagged yet, consider yourself tagged! Leave me a comment if you are now tagged so I can read your 8 things, or however many you come up with!

No comments: