August 7, 2007

SP11 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I really don't like the novelty yarns or acrylic. I am currently enamored with squishy merinos such as Aurora 8, etc.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have two handmade needle rolls, one for straights and one for DPN's, but I just keep my circs in their original bags in a stack.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I taught myself to knit using a do-it-yourself knitting instruction book about three years ago. I would consider myself to be intermediate, but a little towards the advanced side of it.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? nope, sorry
5. What's your favorite scent?6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I have a huge sweet tooth. I like skittles and other chewey fruity candies like that, like Dots and Jujyfruits.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? My biggest hobby other than knitting is scrapbooking, but I've also recently gotten into sewing. Just little things though, like purses and aprons, etc.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music, and I also like discovering new music. I know everyone says that, but seriously I'm all over the board. I'm listening to my ipod now and I have country next to reggae next to pop next to hip hop next to bluegrass.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I don't think there are any colors I don't like, just ones I don't use as often, but I think every color has it's place. Like I wouldn't expect to see a fair isle winter hat in bright carribean colors, you know?
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have one loving pit bull, who is 5 years old and is my baby. I am also married and we will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary in September.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes to all but the ponchos. I did the whole poncho thing a few years ago when they were all the craze, but I'm over it.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I really like to knit in general. I hardly ever finish projects...I'm more of a process knitter, but I do get such a rush when I do finish a project. I like to knit socks and small things like mitered squares.
13. What are you knitting right now? I have a mitered square afghan in progress (from mason dixon knitting), a few different pairs of socks, a felted bag, and the central park hoodie that is soooo close to being done, among other things.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I don't think you can find a knitter who doesn't!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? No to plastic, yuck. I go back and forth on the straights/circs debate, it depends on if I want the knitting to be portable or not. I really like the slickness of metal needles, particularly the addis and the knitpicks needles. There is a case to be made for bamboo as well though....
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes i do
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Can I plead the fifth here? It's too embarrasing.
18. What is your favorite holiday? I love Thanksgiving. Our whole family gets together for a big feast, and it's usually at my house so I get to play hostess. It's also the last day of normalness before all the crazy retail shopping starts, and since I work at Target it's the last day to act like a human being until after Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Umm....I have a pretty huge movie collection. I used to collect shot glasses, but my collection got too big and now it's just in boxes. Yarn, needles, patterns, books, the norm.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? The new "Yarn Girls" book, Patterns for All Seasons looks really good, and I love their other books. I don't subscribe to any mags, but I love Interweave and Vougue Kntting.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? YES! I am dying to try a fair isle kit. I've been toying around with a mitten with a snowflake motif, but I'm not terribly happy with it. The guage is off, I'm not too excited about the pattern, and the yarn I picked is a little splitty. I am really loving the process though, and I'd like try something a little more involved like a hat. I also really love the mitten pattern that Eunny has on her blog that is so popular. I can't remember the name of it, but it's really cute.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yep. I likey the socks. I'm a size 6 1/2 shoe. My foot is pretty normal, not too high arches or anything like that.
23. When is your birthday? November 15
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Just got my invite today!! My ID is "knittykaren".

Yay! Let the spoiling begin!

No comments: