August 26, 2007

Christmas in August and Secret Pal Stuff

I have begun the laborous task of picking out my Christmas knitting projects for this year. Based on the low success rate of last year I am trying not to go overboard. I also picked out a project for the side....a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. No pics today, so I will do an update later with some teasers. For now though, more questionnaires!


1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
Hmm... I've recently become addicted to my chart keeper from Knitpicks, I don't know what I did without it. Other than that...I have a little sock bag from Trek that I carry around with my smaller projects like my socks. It's getting a little worn, but I love it.
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
Of course! I tend to take several projects. I have a problem packing for trips anyway, always take way too much clothes. I try to take smaller projects, like socks or mitered squares, but I take a few different ones in case I get bored. Also, I always take all the yarn I have for the project b/c I always overestimate the amount I will get done.
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Jamaica, baby! Negril is a small fishing village on the western most tip of the island. It is the most peaceful, romantic spot I have ever come across.
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
I can't pick just one. I love all the "Yarn Girls'" books and I want to get their newest one, Knits for all Seasons. I have also picked up Favorite Knitted Socks several times and can't bring myself to get it just yet. I think I'm going to acquire that one soon though b/c I want to make the Embossed Leaves Socks.
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
No, I'd like to.
6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
Geez. I guess it would be blue? I like that blue can be so many different shades and remind you of so many different things-the sky, the ocean, etc.
7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
It depends on how much interest I have in the project. If it's something that is fun to knit and I wouldn't mind doing it again I would rip back, but more than likely I would try to find a way to mask it and live with it. Call it a "design feature".
8. Where is the most unsual spot you've ever knit?
In a barber shop? In a church? I don't think knitting anywhere is really that unusual. At least not for me, my knitting goes Everywhere with me.

No comments: