March 5, 2007

Freezy breeze made these three trees freeze

I reeeeeally need to get into the habit of posting at least once a week. I signed up for Secret Pal 10, so unless I want to get kicked out, I'd better get with the program. I have done very little knitting since my last post that was embarrasingly long ago. I just started working an odd schedule at work and it will continue for a little bit, so knitting may fall by the wayside. Just so I at least have something to show you, I'll share with you an event I participated in at work last week.




Do you like Dr. Suess?



Do you know about the tweetle beetles? Don't those kids look enthralled? That's because at that moment in time I was trying to wrap my head around the tweetle beetles and when beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle....it's called a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle muddle.

Every year Target celebrates "Read Across America" on Dr. Suess' birthday to promote literacy. We read to the children and hand out snacks and goodies. It's a lot of fun. This year we even had a little boy who got up in the big chair and read to us. That's what it's all about, people!

So, no new knitting, but lots of good things going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know where you are coming from, I haven't had any time to knit in weeks. Time to blog - none either. I'm going to a new yarn store this next Saturday 24th and am hoping to find something neat just for you! SP10