April 26, 2006

Whee! A contest!

I have some very exciting news to share! I haven't blogged about this yet because I was afraid to jinx it and get bad mojo and stuff. Doug and I are buying our very first home! We just signed the closing papers and got the keys this morning! Here is a picture: I can't tell you how excited we are. We have been renting for 3 1/2 years and had to deal with landlords, cream-colored carpets, parking lots, and beige everything. Finally we get to personalize our own house and make it a home. Which brings me to the next exciting thing....I get my very own room for my crafts! This room will containg nothing except my knitting, scrapbooking, sewing, and beading. I will probably spend a large portion of time in this room so it will also contain a daybed for when a knit myself to sleep. While I knitsleep in this room, my husband will be oh-so-lonely with nothing to do out in his new playroom: We have both been acting like 6-yr-olds with exciting plans for our new space. I've already got paint samples and am coming up with a color scheme, he's been deciding where to put his tool box and which car gets which space. So, this is where the contest comes in. I need a name for my new craft room. I love little tongue-in-cheek witty kind of names, but I'm no good at coming up with them. So, leave your comment and suggest a name and you could win a skein of Karen-dyed sock yarn. In fact, we are in the process of moving so this yarn will be the first yarn dyed in the new house! I will pick my favorite name suggestion, and that person can tell me their favorite colors for a custom-created color. I'll take suggestions until Saturday evening, so leave your comment!

Speaking of dyeing, I have joined Scout's Dye-o-Rama. Sign-ups have already ended (sorry) and it's a secret swap, so I can't post any pics but I'm really getting into this dyeing yarn thing. Very fun. Has anyone out there tried acid dyes? I'm hesitant to try it since Kool-aid is safe to use in my cooking pots and stuff.

Whew! I'm pooped from all the packing and moving. Next post I'll have some updates about knitting, I promise.

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Hmm, I'm usually not so good at this either but I'll give it a try:

Karen's Krafty Korner (obvious)
Karen's Domain (as in Karen is Dyeing in her Domain)

Heide said...

What a lovely home, and a room devoted to yourself and your toys... I'm so jealous! I'm bad with names.
what about Knitting Nirvana
or the Fiber Chamber? Heck, if it were my house I'd just put up a sign on the door that said, "Mine!".

Bethieee said...

The Stitchery?
I liked Zarah's suggestion of the Nest.

We call ours the loom room, but that's because in addition to our knitting stashes the room contains a floor loom, a table loom, a rigid heddle, two inkles and 3 backstraps...
I think we have a few looms.

Diane said...

Congrats on your new home! It is beautiful. Your knitting/craft room plan sounds like fun.