November 1, 2007

Bad Little Blogger

I have been such a bad blogger lately. I know I neglected to post 4 times in the month of October. Plus, I haven't updated my Ravelry notebook in about 40 billion years. There are projects on there that have been ripped out, projects that have been completed (ok, so not completed, but closer to being completed) and I still have not added my stash of yarn and books. Ugh. Not having internet at home really sucks. It takes a considerable amount of motivation to drag my laptop out to go sit in a crowded restaurant in an uncomfortable chair and relax. I really really really want to get internet at home again. I'm trying to convince my hubby. His thought on the subject is if I can get it for free at Panera and other local hot spots, why bother to pay for it? The end result is me not blogging regularly and not getting my email until three days after someone sent it. Snail mail would reach me faster people!


So....enough about me griping. This week was pretty good. On Tuesday I got a lovely surprise at work.



Everyone at work kept asking if it was my birthday, anniversary, etc. Nope, I just have a great husband. :) They were "just because" flowers. Now, I can hear you all groaning in that "that's so sweet it makes me sick" kind of way. This is an out of the ordinary occurance. I actually had people at work ask me what he did, or if we had a fight. First of all, way to put a negative spin on the highlight of my week, thanks, and second of all, how is it any of your business??


That night when I got home the good surprises kept on going when I opened my mailbox to find this:


Thanks Secret Pal! She sent me two skeins of some yummy Crystal Palace yarn in colors that just scream my name. A pair of super-cute knitting needles. I don't know if you can read them, but they say "I *heart* Knitting" with a cute little cat on them. She also sent a cute notepad, some stickers, a candle, and a yummy bath fizzy. Thanks so much SP! I can't wait to cast on for my hat! It's so funny that you suggested that's what I do with the yarn because I was just searching my stash yesterday for some suitable hat yarn. Thanks :)

No comments: