February 3, 2007

The Yarn Room

I have been highly negligent in showing you pictures of the completed yarn room, so now since I am severely lacking in pictures of finished objects (because there are none) I will supplement with a photo show!

First up, my award-winning quilt. This quilt was hand-pieced by my great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother in the 40s. It was then quilted by professionals in the 90s and won third place at the pike county fair in Missouri. For Christmas my mother-in-law gave me a quilt rack so I could dipslay it proudly in my crafty room.
It hangs proudly behind the two oferstuffed armchairs that is the primary seating in the yarn room. If you are sitting in these chairs, this is your view:

The custom-designed shelving unit that my husband made, and the boob tube where I watch endless episodes of Friends and Scrubs while I knit. Surrounding that area on the floor are the numerous plastic containers that house the overflow of my craft obsessions. To the left is the sewing nook:

This side of the room gets the most natural daylight and is where all the quilting and sewing takes place. Speaking of the quilt, this little lady perches over the room, keeping things peaceful.


She was a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas, inspired by the main fabric of the quilt we are making. Last but not least, is the newest decoration.

Shelf provided by Beth, to hang and display the pretty pretty Manos del Uruguay I bought a few weeks ago. The folded items on top are two ponchos I made a long time ago and will probably never wear, but are too pretty to be confined to a closet.

So that's the yarn room, where all the magic happens.
Not much else going on here, but I did make a huge splurge purchase yesterday.

Size US 2 DPNs, for sock knitting. The splurge part? Ebony. Mmmmm..... I can not wait to cast on!
Also, something I shouldn't even admit to knitting here, because I will get a comment or email from mom asking about her socks.....Illegal Knitting. No, the Christmas presents aren't done. Yes, I feel really bad knitting something for myself while they loom in the knitting basket. I know it's wrong, but it feels s..o........g..o..o..d! I'm not telling what it is, but I bet you can guess since I've mentioned it before!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I am very jealous of that shelving. I've been wanting something like that in my yarn room too! Great job!