May 1, 2006

5 days and counting.....

So long to Yellow/Orange month, but not to knitting with orange. I'm not *quite* done with my coral lace tank, due to all the packing and moving. (Blech-if I have to mess with another box again after this, it better be filled with yarn.) I learned this month that I really like the color yellow-it's not a color I would normally choose to wear or knit with, but warmish yellows (like the giant sock colors) are very pretty. So my completed yellow and orange projects for this month sadly only include my PS Postcard, and one sock that was then frogged, but I'm going to try to crank out the tank in time to wear to MDS&W.

Speaking of....who's going?! I can't wait to meet all the bloggers in person that I interact with in cyberland all the time. (Warning: If I rush at you for picture-taking in a yarn-induced haze talking a mile a minute while waving pointy sticks I'm sorry, truly sorry.) My hotel reservations are taken care of, mapquest has spit out some directions, the only thing I have left to do is decide what knitting to take and make a plan for which vendors to visit and in what order. I'm so excited about this trip! If you are going, I think there is a big blogger meet-up at the main stage when Wendy is signing her new book, Wendy Knits!. If you haven't gotten this book yet, I strongly recommend it. Beth gave it to me last week as a little gift for all the knitting instruction (Thanks again Beth!) and it is wonderful. I'm only about halfway in, but the patterns are gorgeous and her writing is delightful as always. So, anyhoo, see you at the main stage, but give me a shout-out if you're going so I know who to look for!

Today marks the start of Green Month for Project Spectrum. You may remember a while back I purchased some yummy green yarn with some purple tones and a light sparkle throughout. (I'd provide another pic, but that's another story....) I plan on using it to make Green Gable, the new tee pattern that Carrieoke is so hot about. I'm going to make some modifications, though-pictures to come. I'd like to say I'm going to finish GG in time for MDS&W, but with all the unpacking and working and such, I'd say that's as likely as coming home from MDSW with no yarn in my bag.

Sorry about the lack of pictures and such, I'm without internet access until the cable gets hooked up at the new house, so I'm borrowing computer time. I don't have my digital camera and the software on this computer, so words is all you get. I promise though, as soon as the cable gets hooked up I will compensate with tons of pics. I also wanted to mention that until the cable is hooked up, my blogging regularity might be a little spotty, so hang tight-I'll be back to my regularly scheduled blogging soon. (Not that I'm that regular to begin with.)

And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for.....the winner! Thank you all so much for the awesome comments. I liked a lot of them and it was hard to choose a winner. But there's only room for one name (unless there was more than one yarn room....imagine the possibilites....) so the winner is.....Bethieee. Her suggestion was "The Stitchery". It makes me think of a Keebler elf-like system with lots of mini-knitters clacking away when the lights are out. Thanks to everyone again for the great suggestions! Bethieee, I already have your info from the PS Yarn Swap (this time I'll try to spell your name correctly to avoid any further panic sessions) but shoot me an email and let me know if you have any color preferences. I have a whole rainbow of Kool-aid so you just say the word!

See you all at Maryland Sheep & Wool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm your dye-o-rama swap buddy! Check your email, or let me know what your favorite colors are. I'm eager to start dyeing!

dyeorama.mama@gmail.com

Bethieee said...

fabulous... you are so wonderful!