December 7, 2007

Coming soon.....

.....the official thank you for my SP. I was all set to do a big post with pictures and all but I left the info with her blog addy at home. :-( Sorry, SP!!! I did LOOOVVVVEEEE all the goodies though. You really know me well! I don't want to post the pics without a proper introduction to the person who's been spoiling me for the past few months, so next time. I'll try to get it up this weekend.


As we get closer to Christmas the store is getting busier and busier. It's good because it makes the days go by so quick, but bad because it can be so stressful. I'm ahead of the game though, all my Christmas shopping is done. (Notice I didn't say Christmas knitting. I'm good, but not that good.) Hubby and I put the tree up on Wednesday.




(Doug insisted that Chance help decorate and put the star on the top.) Now my house is filled with the wonderful aroma of pine needles. I am so happy to be done with the shopping so I can enjoy the rest of the season. I love putting on Christmas music while I knit, or watching the holiday specials on tv. Tomorrow my mom, Beth, and I are having bake-o-rama. We are going to bake tons of Christmas cookies all day long (or until we keel over from the sugar). I have a few recipes I want to try out from some magazines so I'm looking forward to that. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to share. In true "I'm-so-crafty-I-must-be-sick" form Mom and I are making some cutesy holiday aprons for all the women in our family. We bought generic red aprons and are sewing Christmas trees to them using yo-yo's (the gathered circles of fabric). I am also writing down all the cookie recipes we are using and tying them up with a cute ribbon and a cookie cutter. Then we are sending those crafty things along with a tin of cookies out to the women in the family that live far away like both Grandmothers and my middle sister. Whew! I'd better get back to work on the aprons.....
...pictures when they are done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, I found your blog from Crystal's Blog! Hope everything is going ok! Check out http://colleenr.shutterfly.com for the newest pics of the little princess! I'm jealous you get to see Dan some. I miss chatting with you. Also, you got to see the lippizanners (sp?) Dan and I wanted to go but didn't get a chance to...oh well, have a great holiday!